Friday, September 5, 2008

Home sweet home

I can't believe how much time has passed since I last rambled incoherently for you, my avid and dedicated fans!!
The last few days of being an international tourist raced past - only one minor hiccup. By our second to last day in Penang, Maurie was getting a bit tetchy (too much lying by the pool!) so my solution which was masterly (even if I do say so) was to load him into a bus, get him to find us a map and to lead (a slightly smaller) tourgroup - me, around Georgetown. The result was as you read in my previous blog, although I forgot to mention that the light industrial area was viewed from the Peneng equivalent of the Auckland motorway! I managed to get the last of my list of essential purchases in Singapore before it was time to wing our way home. We arrived, slightedly jetlagged on Sunday morning, went to our extremely scungy motel and tried to stay awake until NZ bedtime. Monday, after a rushed start because we slept in, we flew back to Whakatane to the welcome sight of Marilyn and Bunny, and a trip into town to get the best coffee we had had in a long time. The rest of the world just does not "do" coffee!
Tuesday was off to Gisborne to learn more a bout blogs and wikis, Wednesday to Taupo to watch Lucy play soccer and to spend a little time with her, and the rest of the week has been catching up at work. Chances of getting at the computer to do anything have been small, but Maurie is now playing with his CD's so I have my turn!
I am missing the breakfasts that international tourists get served up (mostly) and missing seeing Terry and Dallas across the table!
I did a lot of thinking while travelling (some of it deep and meaningful) about life, love, family, work so watch this space.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog

E the P

Anonymous said...

Ha, I hope you are a better blogger than a letter writer!

Megan said...

Remember that the original one is still the best thank you very much!

Ariadne aka Marilyn said...

Great posting Leigh. Looking forward to more of the same, plus the deep & meaningful stuff.