Monday, September 8, 2008

Reality bites

Today was my 3rd day back at work, and I have managed to clear the mail that was piled up, weathered the 'oh you're back' (as in I better be a bit less out there!)from a few of my library lovelies, taken home all my professional reading, discovered I have stacked 116 emails to deal with, and found that at least 100 new books are waiting for attention. I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed, but am determined not to put my ideas for a library blog and wiki on the back-burner!
Time and motion studies are under way!! (ie time to move onwards and upwards and buy into Maurie's system of MAKING LISTS - watch this space).
Weather cold and wet today, and the heating was off at school, and to compound this misery I discovered that I am not being paid due to an oversight by the payroll lot (a very kind description of their error!), so it has been Monday all day today. On the plus side Maurie cooked a yummy meal (but couldn't stop himself from pointing out that his time and motion study of Maurie in the Kitchen that it was a 12/12 presentation - 12 minutes to prepare, 12 minutes to cook!) I think I will stick with Lucy's assessment of me, delivered in sympathetic and understanding tones a few years ago "You're not a natural in the kitchen are you Mum"
More ravings to come! :-)

No comments: