Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Life of an ex-international tourist!

The amazing travels and times we had are becoming a memory as routine begins to kick in. Maurie is on his last overseas jaunt in Australia so Lucy and I are being brave and coping as best we can - two defenceless females, alone, with just a particularly ineffective dog to guard us! The list making idea has stalled (sort of) but I'm sure that once I find my diary (or at least one of them) I will be a list maker supreme! Meanwhile I am making inroads into the pile of work in my office, and having brief looks at the online stuff I want to do ( really must learn how to use 'office' type programmes ) and my head is filling with ideas of what I want to do - must be a positive.


Have managed to get my aging butt back onto a bike seat - and followed Lucy around Woodlands twice this week - hills are particularly hard at the moment! Sunday is a scheduled ride for Lucy and her other mum Shirley on the Motu Challenge
(http://www.motuchallenge.co.nz/) road bike course. Photo is Lucy finding out about the ride!
Unfortunately I will have to be the driver - one of the sacrifices a parent makes.


It is all action next door - finally. The earth moved for us on the weekend as big machines dug and consolidated Hine's and Kurt's house site, and today the profiles are there.

1 comment:

Ariadne aka Marilyn said...

So much for the particularly 'effective' in-laws then!